Friday, January 2, 2009

I know it's 2009 but I've just finished my last 2008 job, making a small press for my office/library/study. Should have been done in September but continually put on the long finger. Finished today - smelling the varnish hmmmmmmmm. Now what about 2009.

Lots about Harold Pinter here in the Guardian. It includes a link to a recent audio interview. The Guardian is my latest favourite newspaper - on Saturday anyway. I have given up Sunday newspapers for years and years even since the Observer got so heavy. I don't buy many daily papers either, I read news online all the time. Certainly don't agree with those who say things like "You can't beat the feel of a newspaper in your hands". It's 2009, get with it dudes!! OK it's the varnish fumes taking effect.

My 2008 Poetry Highlights:
(In no particular order)
  • Hearing C. D. Wright read at the Dun Laoghaire Poetry Now
  • Hearing Seamus Heaney read at the Dun Laoghaire Poetry Now Festival.
  • Hearing my second prize winning poem "I Taught You How to Drive" read at Dromineer Literary Festival.
  • Having Peter Fallon launch Boyne Berries 4.
Festival.

No comments: