Friday, July 9, 2010

Revival Poetry Magazine

Latest issue of Revival has arrived. I have a poem in it: High Noon. I'm trying to get away from Swift and Dylan but I remembered that my first line, There was this film I saw once, is a deliberate adaptation of a Dylan first line There was this movie I seen one time from his Brownsville Girl one of my favourite Dylan songs.

This is a song from his 1986 album, Knocked Out Loaded, notable for its eleven-minute and five second length and for being co-written by playwright Sam Shepard. More here about it.

Also in light of my Battle of the Books satire on my father poems I notice that my father has crept into my Revival poem.

Lots of interesting stuff in Revival as usual including Patrick Devaney from LitLab, Miceál Kearney, Kevin Higgins, Sarah Lundberg, Knute Skinner and Richard Halperin who read at the Goldsmith Festival earlier in the year. Richard is also in the latest issue of Poetry Review.

Just topped and tailed lots of blackcurrants - brought me back! Two evenings of charity bagpacking ahead!

And the final word on the Swift/Dylan weekend must be this Beatdom magazine cover.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congrats on the poem being published in Revival. I am a Bob Dylan fan too. Love his prose.