Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poetry Launch

Another of the poets who read with me at the Seven Towers Twisted Pepper Cafe reading last Saturday, Noel Duffy, is launching a poetry collection this week. Poetry Ireland presents the launch of Noel Duffy's debut collection, In the Library of Lost Objects, this evening Wednesday 22 June at 6.30pm Damer Hall, St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2 with introduction by Niall MacMonagle.

The reading on Saturday was great, four poets taking turns to read a poem of two in a kind of round of three of four turns if you know what I mean. The poets found themselves changing their choices in response to poems read by others, the poems began to talk to each other as someone once said.

I'm afraid I was the exception I just read bits from my walk-into-Dublin-centre poem which actually worked well as a kind of counterpoint to the others. A very enjoyable afternoon reading.

No comments: