Thursday, November 24, 2011

Maynooth Poetry Launch


A great launch last evening in the cosy, comfortable Contemporary Arts Centre in Maynooth. A good audience, old and young, members of Maynooth writers group, some NUI Maynooth students, friends and relations, a couple of Poetry Divas, a man with a guitar who could sing, at least three bloggers, one Shelbourne supporter and the lady herself Kate Dempsey.

She read six poems from her collection and gave her usual polished performance as one might expect from a diva. She even got audience participation - she had us blowing bubbles as her read her great poem, What To Do With My Ashes - (Use your imagination!).

Kate's dinky book Some Poems can be bought online here.

Above: Kate Dempsey and Peter Goulding sharing a joke.




2 comments:

Cloudsurfman said...

Hi,
I am not a poet but am living in Meath. I appreciate you blog. Keep up the good work.
I am an NCI student looking at blogs as part of my studies for interaction. Just comment back
cloudsurfman.blogspot.com

Emerging Writer said...

Thanks for coming Michael. I'm enjoying the Boyne Berries, beautifully put together.